3rd Winter Trail Running Race – Rapsani Olympus 27/1/2019
Registrations are opening at 1st December 2018
(Entry Limit 100)
Rapsani is located at the foot of Lower Olympus, at an altitude of 500 meters from the sea, above the picturesque valley of Tempi, with panoramic views of the Aegean Sea. It was named after the Arvanite word rape (j) a, meaning soft rock. The retrospection of Rapsani’s past is a difficult matter, as most of the villages of Thessaly suffered multiple raids and disasters in their long history. According to the myth, Rapsani was a beautiful and dynamic woman who was the leader of the villages.
Access: Access to Rapsani is made by road via the national highway from:
- Larisa. It is 47km away. and one can reach 35 minutes by exiting two kilometers after the Tempi Valley by turning left.
- Thessaloniki. It is 125km away. and you can reach one hour by going to Platamonas following the old highway to Larissa.
- Athens. It is 395km. and one can reach 4 hours by going to Evangelismos following the old highway to Thessaloniki, exit two kilometers after the Tempi Valley, turning left
Accommodation: Rapsani provides Vasilis guesthouse (2495061002 & 6978046386) and Nota Litsa rooms (2495061111 & 6938355367) with little availability. Alternatively, you are looking at nearby Nei Pori, Platamonas, Karytsa, Stomio
Safety: The safety of the event will cover a private Ambulance.
Equipment: Runners must be prepared for a winter race.
Opening time: 08:00 in the village square. A number and a souvenir will be received at the time of the statement. The Start is at 10:00.
The Trail: The route is 18km and follows a mixed course. The necessary changes and improvements have been made. The race starts at the village square at 478m altitude to reach a maximum of 1252m and ends up back to the square. It consists of 1km of asphalt, 1km of a dirt road, 2km of forest road and 14km in a mountain trail with 1180m ascents. A moderate difficulty trail at points with basic refueling stations at Desi 10km and Sipoto at 14km. Chronic exclusion at 3 hours at 10km and 5 hours at 14km. The markings are in blue, directional red arrows, piles, and marker ribbons. The mileage marking refers to a distance made from the start.
Timing: Timing is electronic, not chipped, and with intermediate times at the basic stations.
- Desi 10Km & Sipoto 14Km: Water-Isotonic-Salty-Coca Cola and Black Chocolate
- Kalyva 5Km: Water
- Finish line: Snack and Juice
Details: From 08:00 -09:30 on the venue you will hand over the responsible statements to receive the entry number and your souvenir. Please have your valid attendance. Participants are required to have their own bottle or bottle for use at refueling stations.
- All participants will receive a medal upon their termination.
- Two categories, Men, and Women will be awarded.
- The awards will be held at 14:00 at noon at the finish area.
Registrations-Costs: Registrations are closed on 31/12/2018. The cost of participation is 19€.
- With your registration, you will receive an automated confirmation message, a responsible statement and payment methods.
- Payment of stakes is through a bank deposit or Paypal.
- A prerequisite is your nominal deposit with the name of the subscription.
Entry limit 100
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +447729236056(Uk), +306932651494(Uk), +306936510855(Deu)
- F/b: @RapsaniTrail